Ann Arbor Boxcar 1314
Ann Arbor 1314 is one of more than 76,000 40-foot PS-1 boxcars that were built by Pullman Standard Car and Manufacturing between 1947 and 1967 and arrived on the Ann Arbor in 1957. Car 1314 represents one of the most important standard postwar freight-car designs. The 40-foot boxcar was the standard car for haulage of most kinds of freight before the shift of small shipments to trucks and adoption of longer cars with specialized designs in the 1960’s. Delivery of these cars allowed the Ann Arbor to retire the rebuilt ex-Wabash cars of the 1100-series. Car 1314 was acquired by Michigan State Trust for Railway Preservation in July 1984.