Pere Marquette Caboose A909
Built by the Magor Car Company in 1937, A909 (The “A” was for accommodation) was part of an order of 25 cabooses for the Pere Marquette Railway. Cabooses of this style were used on every freight train hauled by the 1225. A909 went on to serve the Chesapeake and Ohio Railway and Chessie System until its retirement in July of 1983. After retirement, it was donated to the Michigan State Trust for Railway Preservation. Today, it is used on certain excursions for the Steam Railroading Institute and on freight trains for photo charters. The original Andrews-style 1911 boxcar trucks were replaced by more modern caboose trucks in 2017 as a safety measure.