General Electric 25-ton Switcher “Mighty Mouse”

Built in the 1940’s by General Electric in Erie, Pennsylvania, this type of locomotive was used in light switching at industrial plants and elevators. The locomotive was last used by an elevator at Shelby, Ohio before being purchased by the Steam Railroading Institute at an auction in 2008. It is the primary switching locomotive in SRI’s yard, and for pulling the 1225 onto the turntable when not under steam.